Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Earning Money with Google Adsense.

I finally got around to setting up my Google Adsense account a couple of days ago, as some of you may have noticed.

I put it off for so long because the first time I applied for the program, I was denied. I got anxious and wanted to see what the ads would look like on one of our sites so I applied for adsense with an under construction site. Which, I had to learn the hard way, Google does not look kindly upon. They sent me an email explaining why I had been denied entry into their Adsense Program and told me that I could re-apply once my site was fully functional, i.e., not under-construction.

So a few months later when we completed the site I attempted to re-apply for the Adsense program. The problem this time was that in order for us to apply for a Business Account, we needed to have a bank account in the name of the business, which at that point we still did not have. So again, I was forced to put off registering for the Adsense account.

For a while, I was under the impression that I could not register for Adsense without a business account. During this time I put Adsense on the backburner. I figured I would just get to it whenever I could.

About a month and a half later I decided to go through the motions of setting up an Adsense program yet again, this time paying close attention to detail. I figured their must've been something I missed.

I felt like a moron! This was a good reminder as to why we should always take the time out to read everything. By reading everything, as I should have done the first time around, I learned that you could sign up for the Adsense program as an individual. All you need to have is a bank account and a social security number.



How the Google Adsense program works.


The concept behind Google Adsense is an interesting one, to say the least. You earn money with Google Adsense by placing Google ads on your website or blog. How much you earn depends on how many people click on your ads. To make the ads more enticing to click on, Google automatically scans your web pages and displays ads that are relevant to the content on your site. There are other ways to earn money with Google Adsense, such as Adsense for Search, and by referring Google Products. To learn more visit the Adsense webpage.

I've read in various forums and blogs that to really earn money with Google Adsense you need to get a tremendous amount of visitors over to your site. So with that in mind, you may want to read my post on Getting and Keeping Quality traffic on Your Site, where I go over a couple different methods of getting visitors over to your site, and then keeping them there.



Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to my free content feed, here.



Other posts you might find interesting:
- Analyzing Your website
- Affiliate Marketing Full Time
- Affiliate Marketing Without a website!

No comments: