Thursday, September 27, 2007

My First Sale as an Affiliate Marketer

I remember my first sale as an affiliate marketer. I don't quite remember the name of the company, however, it was a flower delivery website and my commission check was a whopping $7.00.

It was that $7.00 check that really made me realize the power of affiliate marketing. Until hat point I must admit that I was a bit skeptical of the whole affiliate marketing thing. I thought for sure that the merchants would rip me off and keep my earned commissions!

I've made a few sales here and there as an affiliate marketer, nothing out of this world though.. In the following months I plan to step it up a notch or two with my affiliate marketing efforts. Hopefully I will see an increase in the amount of affiliate earnings coming my way.

Anyhow, I originally began writing this post as a means of inspiration for anybody aspiring to become an affiliate marketer. Yes, affiliate marketing is real. No, it isn't something that somebody made up in order to trick you into promoting their services for free!

Here's a few tips for those of you that might need a little help getting started.

  1. Find a Niche that interests you.

  2. Study that Niche and find out as much information as you can about it.

  3. Plan the structure of your Site in detail.

  4. Create your own Opt-In mailing list.

  5. Create quality content for your Site / Blog.

  6. Optimize your content.

  7. Promote your Site / Blog.

Starting an affiliate marketing business is easy. Running and maintaining a successful affiliate marketing business is the tricky part. It's definitely not impossible though. Take a look at the web from an affiliate marketers point of view for a while.. If you pay attention you'll notice that there are quite a few very high traffic sites on the web right now... They all have some form of advertising on them; whether it's Google Adsense, Affiliate Products, or some other form of paid advertising. My point is, behind every successful website lies a couple of very happy humans.

If you want some apple pie, all you have to do is bake it.


Till Next Time,

Antonio


*As with anything in life (especially when it involves money) use common sense and exercise caution, as some merchants will try to rip you off! Always monitor your links and investigate any activity that you think is suspicious. Also, remember to remove all links to non paying merchants' websites, this includes any previous posts that you might have placed their link in as well.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to my free content feed by email here.
Subscribe to my free content feed in a reader here.
Other posts you might find interesting:

Looking for Worry Free Hosting? I've been with eVerity for a little over a year now and have yet to file a complaint. If you'd like to preview one of my sites that is currently being hosted by eVerity, click here.

No comments: