Sunday, August 5, 2007

Too much reading is bad for you.

I love to read, really I do. But I also believe there is such a thing as reading too much. I say this because I went through my own little phase where all I did was read. I use to log on to the internet everyday and do nothing but read.

I would read for hours.

Sometimes, I would read the same pages over and over again. I felt like I was trapped in an infinite loop!

Luckily for me, I quickly realized that it was possible for me to spend all of my time in front of the computer and not really accomplish anything.

This bothered me a great deal, so I decided to do something about it. I decided to get organized and make good use of: scheduling. Making a schedule and then abiding by that schedule can do wonders for your business, as well as your personal life.

Like I stated before, I'm a big fan of reading.

What I'm not a big fan of is: reading more information than I can actually handle in one sitting. I'm sure you've all heard of the term "information overload" at least once, well, this is what happens to a lot of people...

Again, I'm not against reading at all. The point I am trying to make with this post is simple: Don't bite off more than you can chew.

I know it can get exciting at times, trust me I do. There's nights when you don't want to shut the computer off. Then there's those nights when you don't shut the computer off.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people going through that experience right now.

That is not the way you want to go about running your business. You will be way more productive once you have a good schedule to follow. Remember to allow time slots for everything that your business entails.

My current schedule contains time slots for things like: Blogging, comment moderating, uploading new content, research, forum posting, and watching Flash tutorials to name a few.

To sum up the overall lesson in this post: Read, but make sure you do as much as you read.



Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to Affiliate Outlook today for Free!

No comments: