Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The art of pinging your RSS feed.

Pinging your blogs RSS feed has become quite the craze as of late.

When you "ping" your blog, what you are actually doing is informing certain servers that you have updated the content on your Blog. Most pinging services will also place your feed into "RSS feed directories"; which is great, especially if you use a number of different pinging services, not only because it gives readers the opportunity to subscribe to your feed in more than one location, but also because it can create a massive amount of incoming links to your blog.

While searching YouTube for affiliate marketing material a couple weeks ago, I came across a video that I would like to share with you. The video briefly describes how you should set up your Blog for affiliate marketing. When you're done watching the video, make sure to scroll down and check out my list of pinging services that you can use to ping your blog feed.

Here's the Video:



I hope you were able to gain something from that video as it contained some very helpful information. After applying the techniques mentioned in the video (along with some of my own) I've definitely noticed an increase in traffic to my blog.

The following is a list of Free pinging services that you may use to drive traffic to your blog:

Feedburner - More than just a pinging service, they actually "burn" your RSS feed to make it as easy as possible for readers to subscribe to your content. They also have automatic pinging, so your feeds are current the moment you post new info to your blog. Definitely worth checking out.

Pingoat - Ping more than 40 services at once with the click of a button.

RSS-Network.com - Submit your Feed to a well-organized, RSS Feed Directory.


These are the services that I personally use to drive traffic to my blogs, if you know of any other good services please post them as comments or contact me to have them added to my list.

That's all for now,

Don't forget to subscribe to my RSS feed today!


or, you can:

Have my feed delivered directly to your inbox!

No comments: